For first timers, you can learn the Puyo Puyo™ basics here.
- Control the Puyos as they fall to group matching colors next to each other. Group four together and they'll disappear with a "pop."
- Garbage Puyos just won't go away, even when they're grouped up. Pop neighboring Puyos and the Garbage Puyos will disappear with them. Whew!
- If one of your Puyos stacks up to the X mark, it's game over. Don't let them stack too high!
Once you get the hang of Puyo Puyo™, take it to the next level with some advanced techniques.
- A "Chain" is when you pop one group of Puyos and it causes another group of Puyos to disappear after it. Aiming for bigger and longer chains is the name of the game!
- A "Simultaneous Clear" is when you pop differently colored Puyos at the same time. It's worth more than a regular pop!
- An "All Clear" is when all of the Puyos have been cleared off the board. That's the key to succeed!
- Watch out for Garbage Puyos during battle! Pop your own Puyos to "Neutralize" Garbage Puyos or even send some at your opponent!
- "Quick Turn" Puyos by quickly pressing the rotate button twice when in a cramped space.
Learn new skills to up your game and win, win, win!
- A "Stair Stack" happens when the fourth Puyo of a color is placed on a neighboring stack of Puyos, which is then popped, creating a chain.
- The "Sandwich" technique means starting a chain by putting a differently colored Puyos in between groups of the same color, then popping it. Yum!
Fusion basics for beginners!
- Fusion combines Puyos and Tetriminos on the same matrix.
- Tetriminos can smash through Puyos. Any regular Puyos smashed will then rain back down from the top!
Once you get the hang of Fusion, try some advanced techniques!
- "Hold" onto a Tetrimino or Puyo to save it for later.
- "Special Tsumo" pieces change between Puyos and Tetriminos. Make sure you know what it'll be when it touches down.
- In Fusion, clearing multiple Puyos or blocks in a short amount of time will create a special chain. Think carefully about what to clear next!
Learn new skills to improve your game and win!
- Create chains by smashing a Tetrimino through Puyos!
- When you smash a Tetrimino through Garbage Puyos and regular Puyos, only the Garbage Puyos will disappear. Use this to your advantage and score some massive chains!
- In Fusion, you can stack additional Tetriminos on top of one that's smashing through Puyos. You could clear 8 lines at once this way!
Tetris® basics for beginners!
- Navigate the Tetriminos through the matrix to create horizontal lines of blocks. Full rows of blocks will disappear.
- Garbage blocks that appear from the bottom always leave a single empty space. Drop a Tetrimino there to make them disappear.
- Once your Tetriminos reach the top of the screen, it's game over. Be careful not to stack too high!
Once you've learned the Tetris® basics, it's time for some advanced techniques.
- Get a Perfect Clear by clearing all the blocks in the matrix! That's the name of the game!
- "Hold" onto a Tetrimino to save it for later.
- Clearing 4 lines at once is called a "TETRIS" Line Clear and will score you lots of points!
- Start a combo by leaving 2 or more lines ready to be cleared, like in the screenshot, to set yourself up for success!
Learn new skills to up your game and win big!
- If there's a spot open in the shape of a Tetrimino, you can slide a piece in by rotating it with the right timing. This is called a "T-Spin." You can recover from mistakes and earn more points than usual. It's a little hard, but try it out!
- After a "TETRIS" or a "T-Spin," landing another one is called a "Back-to-Back" maneuver. Now you're playing with power!